Maker Pro

Zenith IQB56W10 Television

Is this set worth repairing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howard

Jan 8, 2012
I have a convergence problem and after a few minutes of being turned on, the tv shut off.
I had a repair service sent to my home from Sears and the person looked at the set and determined that it was the STK392-040 convergence chip. After talking the the repairman, I realized that he has never worked on this model television and I had more information on the convergence settings than he (downloaded the manuals and as much information as possible after buying the tv). I would like help in repairing the the tv if it is cost effective due to the cost of new tv sets on today market.

Today I found a posting in ths forum from Chris F.(https://www.electronicspoint.com/samsung-47-blown-convergence-ic-t229022.html) and it contained links to other discussions on this problem. It makes me even more skeptical in having someone come in and repairing the set. The articals are the best I have read on the subject.

kwoolsey94

Feb 14, 2011
Since you are scared to replace the chip yourself it would make a good learning project but the fact is you might mess it up. go ahead and replace it but repair the older tv so you can learn at the same time.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
For $20 dollars a (2)piece set and the advice on that link you posted I would sure try to repair the tv if you think you have the skills. A lot better then paying couple hundred for a new set, don't you think?