Connect with us

Youtube Video Question

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by martini00, Apr 23, 2017.

1. martini00

martini00

Apr 23, 2017
    Hello all, this is my first post here , i saw a video on youtube that uses a flyback transformer to make static electricity
    this is the video :
    from minute 1:35 it uses a flyback transformer power by a pc source i think
    how does he use the flyback ? i mean i see one turn coil on the ferrite core and it goes to the source
    thanks , any answers apreciated

2. martini00

martini00

Apr 23, 2017
    nothing ?

3. martini00

martini00

Apr 23, 2017
    anybody?? please give an opinion

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

sorry, cant help on that one .... hence my silence till now .... maybe others are the same ??

5. martini00

martini00

Apr 23, 2017
    yea but is simple electrics ? no? why the longg silence ?? is the video not real?
    its simple electrostatics no?
    any advices will be apreciated.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  6. JimW

JimW

Oct 22, 2010
    I'll jump in. But I really don't have an answer. It is not simple electrostatics. Well, the first part with the Van De Graaff generator connected up to the electrostatic motor, that is straight forward.

But the high frequency AC from the flyback transformer doesn't generate static electricity. I thought there was something about high voltage DC biasing to improve the operation of Van De Graaff generators, but I can't find that article now. And I don't see a rectifier on the flyback output. I would wonder if the video had to be done in the order shown: put a charge on the outside cans, and then apply the high voltage.

But if it is not electrostatics, then it is electromagnetics. In other words, it is a poor electromagnetic motor. No coil to form the magnetic field, just a metal plate.

So I don't have good answers, just speculations.

JimW

Ask a Question