Connect with us

Yamaha RX-V1070 front display not working

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Mopar Bob, Mar 25, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mopar Bob

Mopar Bob

Mar 25, 2018
    Just bought this yamaha used tested all channels and all working ok checked all functions and all seem to be working. The front display seemed to work long enough for me to check all functions then it went black. Opened the unit and moved all connections and nothing . Does anyone have an answer on what the problem may be ?

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Not on that very limited description. You could at least have included a picture or statement of what it actually is!

Can you post some pictures and/or schematics of the various parts of circuitry?

Looks like a VFD (vacuum fluorescent display) which require a high voltage supply applied to 'filaments' in order to make them visible. Likelihood this supply is faulty.

Robert_fay and Cannonball like this.
  3. Mopar Bob

Mopar Bob

Mar 25, 2018
    Thanks for responding. I am not a tech so my knowledge is limited. I would love to find someone that has experience with Yamaha equipment that can look at this unit and give me an estimate on what the cost of repair would be. I live in the south Florida area and would love to find someone local as this unit is very heavy and would not make sence to ship. If you can help me please let me know. Thanks again Bob

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    You can only advertise locally or use social media to find out if there is anyone willing to make the repair. Obviously there will be professional repair shops that will take this task on but as to price??..... varies enormously from 'free' to $$$$.

What value do you put on the unit? Can you purchase a replacement cheaper than getting the existing one repaired? Have you checked?

It doesn't matter that it's a Yamaha - those with the appropriate electronic repair skills will be able to fix such a device regardless of who makes it.

5. Mopar Bob

Mopar Bob

Mar 25, 2018
    Thanks for your reply i will consider my options as i only paid 20 bucks for this unit and it all works you just can't see the display as to what radio station you are on. But i have good ears and thats all that matters. Thanks again Bob

Ask a Question