Connect with us

Yamaha dsp A590

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Julzmatt, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Julzmatt

Julzmatt

Mar 24, 2019
    Hello guys, I'm new to the forum,
    I have a yamaha dsp A590 that blows 1 fuse on power up. T3.15a 250v. I love sound but not so hooked up on the technical stuff, I have replaced the fuse but keeps blowing. Fuse is located on the power switcher 110 to 220-240v. Please help, where do I start looking?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Welcome to EP.

First unhook the amp from mains, then open the case. Visual inspection comes first: look for any obvious signs fo damage in the power supply section (the part of the pcb where mains comes into the amp). Take some crisp fotos and upload them here so others may have a look, too.

3. Julzmatt

Julzmatt

Mar 24, 2019
    Hi guys and Harald,
    Thank you for replying.
    I have taken 6 pics and will upload now. On visual inspection the cover looks to have a burn mark near where the fuse has blown.
    Besides that everything looks good and cannot smell anything that has burnt. When powered up 1 click sound then another click sound, no visuals on display. Just tried to upload pics but it's not going through. Will try another device soon.

4. Julzmatt

Julzmatt

Mar 24, 2019
    Just uploaded pics now,

Attached Files:

5. Ylli

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
    First post you stated it continues to blow the fuse.
    Then you said it makes a click, then another click. The first click would normally be the power relay, and the second click would be the speaker relay pulling in. Does it blow the fuse after the second click, or sometimes later?

I'll assume the power selector is set to the proper input voltage.

6. Julzmatt

Julzmatt

Mar 24, 2019
    Hi guys and ylli, in in Rsa, power set to and always was on 250v. When I change the fuse and power on fuse blows immediately on the 1st click then I hear the second click. After fuse has blown I press the power button and just get 2 click 1 second apart. Thank you guys for the assistance. I do have a basic multi meter. If I don't reply fast enough means I'm at work but will reply soon.

Ask a Question