Maker Pro
Maker Pro

XILINX FPGA

deepak kumar panda

Mar 21, 2012
Hi Friends,
Kindly give ur feedback..
Actually I Work in Xilinx FPGA.When I joined my company,Already people were using Xilinx FPGA XC3S1500.So I continued woth that.Actually we work at maximum frequency of 33MHZ at PCI bus clock.
Now Question to me is ...
Why did you use XILINX only ,why not other reprogrammable FPGA like ALTERA,QUICK LOGIC,LATTICE SEMICONDUCTORS?

Tell me friends what will be the appropriate answer?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
We wouldn't know.
Why don't you ask your colleagues? They should be able to answer this question - they have chosen the Xilinx chip.

deepak kumar panda

Mar 21, 2012
but how will you convince the third party who is asking the question?
IF u were in my place,how would u have answered my questions?

kindly help..

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
again ....
we don't know why they chose that chip.
One can only assume it had the best features to be able to perform the functions required

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Dear Deepak,

Please answer the following question and I will attempt yours:

Hi Friends,
Kindly give ur feedback..
Actually I love brussels sprouts. When I made my friends,Already they were eating brussels sprouts.So I continued eating them.Actually we only eat vegetables that are bite sized.
Now Question to me is ...
Why do you eat brussels sprouts ,why not other cabbage-like vegetables?

Tell me friends what will be the appropriate answer?​

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
If the chip they selected suit the needs, then it will be needless to change with the consequential retraining required. If you want them to change their selection you will have to present the advantages like cost, complexity reduction, board space, improved performance. If this cannot be justified then it will just be change for change sake and a bad business decision. Also bear quantity breaks in mind as sticking with the same components for different projects can reduce overall cost.
You will also find resistance to changes suggested by 'the new boy' unless well justified and after you have earned the respect of your colleagues.