Connect with us

xbox steering wheel

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by old8s, Jul 24, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    18mH is quite a lot, and the choke may simply have too much DC resistance to be able to pass the required supply current.
    Measure the resistance. I believe I mentioned someting about a suitable choke resistance range relatively early in this thread.

2. noelito

noelito

Nov 10, 2011
    thanks for the reply.

i checked the store and what they have is 47microhenry and 100 microhenry.

ive also asked the color bands
    for 47microhenry:
    yellow
    violet
    black
    gold

100microhenry
    orange
    black
    black
    gold

which one is more preferable to try here?

really sorry and i appreciate your help.

3. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    I can't see from here what kind of chokes your store has.. Read the thread.. The issue is specifically adressed at the bottom of page 3 and the top of page 4.
    100uH should be brown-black-brown. Orange-black-black would be 30uH. I suspect any of those will have too much resistance and will overheat. No DMM? Pic's?

4. noelito

noelito

Nov 10, 2011
    i'll post them once i get home (in a couple of hours)

what i do have now is the 18mH that i bought.

thanks for the time

5. noelito

noelito

Nov 10, 2011
    pics are attached.

for the choke (said its 18mH), i believe thats
    brown
    violet
    orange
    gold

(if im right)

just to clarify from whats in page 3, i need to look for 1uH rf choke, right?

Thanks for the patience ./ :)

Attached Files:

6. noelito

noelito

Nov 10, 2011
  7. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Your identification of the 18mH color code is correct, and yes; as stated earlier the chokes needs to have less than 0.5 ohms DC resistance to be able to pass 1A.
    That usually amounts to single-digit microHenries. You really should check (measure) the diodes and the fuse for damage btw..
    The suggestion in the thread you found there coincides with the suggestion I made in my second post in this thread (1st page).

8. noelito

noelito

Nov 10, 2011
    will surely do.

i'll try to jumper the choke, and change the fuse as well with 2-3amp slowbow glass fuse, and solder the cap i bought (.47 and .01)

i'll let you guys know if this will do miracles. i'll do this over the weekend.thanks for the time.

9. noelito

noelito

Nov 10, 2011
    wheel is now working!! :D :D :D :D

jumpered L6.
    soldered cap 0.47 on C6
    changed fuse to 3A slowbow glass fuse.

now the wheel works great!

thanks to everybody. especially resqueline for the patience.

this thread is a very big help. im sure a lot of owners of the official wheel have the same problem as well. and they're arent a lot of results when you google how to fix this.

thanksthanks.

10. Pharohbender

Pharohbender

Nov 28, 2011
    Need Help with XBOX WHEEL V2 PCB

need help replacing repairing wheel thanks guys :(
    dont know if its the fuse dont know where the fuse is this is the pic of the pcb
    only one pcb in this wheel, so it may be V2 wheel :confused:

11. Pharohbender

Pharohbender

Nov 28, 2011
    Need Help with XBOX WHEEL V2 PCB

need help replacing repairing wheel thanks guys
    dont know if its the fuse dont know where the fuse is this is the pic of the pcb
    only one pcb in this wheel, so it may be V2 wheel

second pic green cap fuse thing ?? right bottom corner near the plug looks burnt out

Attached Files:

12. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes, the small green "resistor" thing labeled F1 is a fuse. I can't see any burn marks around there.

13. Pharohbender

Pharohbender

Nov 28, 2011
    yeah soldering doesn't look the best around the green fuse but it may have just fried because it from eBay and was using a 1.25amp adapter. i didn't notice till i went to purchase original adapter from eBay that it was higher hopefully its just fried that and not the board as it still works fine with the battery.

any links or tips on what i should replace it with would be great..

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SF2176&keywords=3a+slow+blow+fuse&form=KEYWORD

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SZ2022&keywords=holder+fuse&form=KEYWORD

am i on the right track ?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  14. Pararegistros

Pararegistros

Jun 8, 2015
    Good afternoon. First of all, I would like to say hello and thanks in advance to all the members of this forum, since I am a newbee here and good manners are good manners.

Then, I would like to ask for help to fix my old Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel. I'm not good at elelectronics so I took my wheel to a electronic shop where they have done to me several previous works with fully satisfaction up to now. The point is that I wanted to have the gear levers buttons doubled to connect a joystick and simulate a clutch lever. I took it to the shop as I said and when remouting the wheel, a wire went off the soldering and made a short circuit. Now it doesn't turn on.

The guy (I used to trust him; now a bit less) told me that when he touches one of the integrated chips of the board, it is really hot, so that he should look for a replacement and he suggested me to do the same since it is difficult to find.

The point is that he wrote that the comonent was "XBOX X812193003 0738KFH0 (or O I couldn't see it clear) C". As I couldn't find the component, took a look to the pictures he sent me and my surpise is that in the picture, the integrated is marked as "XBOX X813793 (or 8 I can't see it in the picture) 003 073 (or 8 I can't see it properly in the picture)KM0C"

Anyhow, I tested all the combinations and I couldn't find it. Please, can anyone enlighten me and please tell me if there is a solution or where to find the replacement if it exists? (other than buying another wheel; in that case I would apply to the shop responsibility insurance).

Thank you very much!

15. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    That's almost certainly a custom chip and you would probably have to find another xbox steering wheel to find one.

16. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    This post is 5 years old....
    You may want to start another thread..

17. Pararegistros

Pararegistros

Jun 8, 2015
    Perhaps, but I didn't want to add more junk messages to the forum. Thanks for the reply (*steve*). I'm also afraid I would have to get a new wheel and demand the shop their responsibility insurance to cope with it.

18. Pararegistros

Pararegistros

Jun 8, 2015
    Well, yesterday I spoke to the guy and sent me a new picture of the integrated chipset that overheats.

The actual number is XBOX X813193003 0738KM0C.

http://i.imgur.com/6J9DjVH.jpg[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been looking some webs and the only thing that I came across is this set of chipsets in a Chinese website but the second subnumber doesn't coincide:

http://www.dhresource.com/albu_366052251_00/1.0x0.jpg[​IMG]

In these other websites too: :'(

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/831913324.html

http://www.mmic.net.cn/ic/X813.html

http://www.icbj.cn/ICSALES_X813193003.html

http://www.51dzw.com/AllXunJia.asp?upartno=x813

Are they similar? Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  19. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Off work and feeling a little low, I decided to read some old threads..
    I am so glad I did....He had me cracking up on the sofa!!
    I have NEVER seen such a funny post..
    But you have to read it from the beginning..I bet you can't keep a straight face!!

Martin

20. Manzy85

Manzy85

Sep 26, 2015
    Just purchased an Xbox 360 wheel and, surprise surprise, no force feedback. Thanks to this post I could get it sorted, though did it a simpler way. Simply soldered an inline 1amp fuse from the positive terminal of the input jack, and soldered this straight to the positive wires that go to the 4 wire connector. Works perfectly, no ill effects. Thanks OP!

Ask a Question