Connect with us

Xbox 360 wireless receiver

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by jazzdglass, Oct 13, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jazzdglass

jazzdglass

Aug 10, 2013
    so this is a chinese knock off right. I have used many of these in the past, but none gave me any trouble like this one.. the fault started with the single button on the device. i had to press it really hard before before it receives the controller. then it got to when i had to place something heavy on that little button for it to work.. now it doesnt work again.
    i thought simply opening up the device and replacing the button itself would solve the problem, or even a temporary short circuit to make it stay on the connect toggle permanently. but i dont understand this button. it has just 4 points soldered to the board and i have tried shorting all of them together and no effect.
    if theres any knowledge to make this work please, and the name of the button type. thank you.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Replace the tactile switch.

They are easily obtainable.

From your photos you know what it looked like before you totally destroyed it and that should assist you in finding another physically similar one.

3. jazzdglass

jazzdglass

Aug 10, 2013
    thanks. now i know its called tactile switch. but anyway to join two points togther to make it normally closed or just to make it on the working mode permanently.

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Tactile switches are normally, normally-open.

5. jazzdglass

jazzdglass

Aug 10, 2013
    ummm should normally open mean its defaultly in working or ON mode??
    in that case, its not working.

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    That means it's normally OFF

But that doesn't mean the device is on only while you press the button.

7. Six_Shooter

Six_Shooter

Nov 16, 2012
    That button should only need to be pressed to sync the controller to the receiver. It does not need to be pressed any other time. This only needs to be done at initial set-up.

If you are needing to continuously press that button there is something wrong with it.

8. jazzdglass

jazzdglass

Aug 10, 2013
    any idea what that might be?

Ask a Question