Maker Pro
Maker Pro

X2 extreme automotive battery charger repair

Mr.wyer

Nov 6, 2019
76B0C915-B57D-4642-9C7D-07EBD3EFFD0C.jpeg Hello all. So I will start by saying that electronics is not my strength. lets say a “hypothetical“ family member drove off with my battery charger plugged in and pulled the power cord out of the charger thus damaging/pulling the electrical inductor/choke from the circuit board.

My problem is: The brand of charger/maintainer is Pulsetech X2 extreme and the identifiable information on the choke is XC100L1 1305 SSEC. It is a 4 pin (square/rectangular shaped with two sets of wrapped windings) choke with the pins being 14x15mm’s apart. The pins read .4 ohms between each side.

I have an avionics technician at my work who says he can fix my charger I just need to find the replacement part. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and if you need more information please let me know and I will provide that.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
0.4r would be multimeter zero reading on the leads not the winding resistance.
Unless the choke appears physically damaged, it is more than likely quite ok.
If it comes from the immediate input as I suspect, the charger should operate quite happily without it for testing purposes.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Mr.wyer . . . . .

I additionally wholeheartedly concur with our honorable . . .( or would that be honourable ?) . . . and esteemed Bluejets .
Your examination of the wire gauge used on those two windings and the continuity slants to the repair being solely one of a "humpty dumpty" type of reversal repair situation.
Concentrating on shattered PCB and foil repair other than finding fault with that " pulled out " good inductor.

CONCURRENT CIRCUIT REFERENCING . . . . .
upload_2019-11-6_20-57-19.png

73's de Edd . . . .

One desperate time I went to a drive-in movie in a taxi cab. That dern movie ended up costing me $186 plus admission.

Last edited:

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Show us some pictures of the circuit board where the choke should be.
If the boerd is broken, it can be repaired with epoxy and broken tracks can be mended with wire.

I mended an electric fence (twice) where the wire had got caught up in a plough and the board was broken into two. They now use a crock clip to connect to the wire. Perhaps you could use a plug which will disconnect when pulled.