Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Writing cell phone apps? Is this the right place?

fastline

Aug 9, 2010
I was not sure if this is the right section but here goes. We are developing a device to monitor some sensors in the field. This data will be recorded by the device but we will need to retrieve the data as well as allow others to do the same. This could be bluetooth or wifi, thought wifi probably has more ability and might be great to try this out.

This would require some sort of application on a phone/tablet/etc. This is a hurdle we desperately need to cross as we have other projects that need this tech badly. For this project, we mostly would need to basically hit "receive data" and let the data move to the phone. I don't really want to be writing apps for every device out there and hoping there is a smarter solution. Or maybe a group of guys that do this daily?

Would ultimately need to get to a point of bilateral communication between a device and the phone. We don't really mess with Arduinos much and use PIC at the moment. We just try to stay with tech that facilitates production if we see the opportunity.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I'm afraid this is not the right forum for your questions. This forum is hardware oriented. While I do not exclude that some of our members have the necessary experience and are willing to support you, I'm sure there are other fora on the web that can offer better assistance.

Regards,

Harald Kapp