Connect with us

Write to UICR Registers on NRF52840?

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Kevin713H, Apr 29, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Kevin713H

Kevin713H

Feb 28, 2019
    I’ve been trying to find a way to write to UICR registers during program operation on the nrf52840. I’ve noted in the nrf52840 Product Specification, UICR registers are writeable in the same way as normal ROM, but when I attempt to use the FLASHIAP device, the memory address is out of range.
    Then I tried bypassing the flashiap device and writing using the flash_program_page command, but it seems this is an issue all the way down to nrf_fstorage.c where addr_is_within_bounds will return false.

Is there a physical hardware limitation of writing to the UICR registers, or are these all just preventative checks put in place that can be removed? Are there any other ways to store data in the customer registers during program runtime? If possible a simple explanation would be nice, many thanks.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
Ask a Question