Connect with us

Would you mind to share your wood burning works?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by JoneQ, Dec 26, 2019.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. JoneQ

JoneQ

Dec 26, 2019
    Hi. Everyone, I am a newbie here, and a newbie in wood burning. My grandpa was good at wood burning, but he passed away when I am a little boy...

He is my idol, and I want to be a man like him. So I start to learn wood burning and buy a burning kit now. [mod edit: link to rickroll deleted]

Hope I can succeed.

My first thread, No idea if I post it in the wrong place.

Is there anybody who is good at wood burning/ Pyrography? Would you mind to share your works?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2019
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi ya,

Firstly, I have moved your thread to a more appropriate part of the forum :)

Secondly, cool, I had a feeling, long ago there was another member that did that hobby
    Look forward to seeing some of your creations :)

seasons greetings
    Dave

3. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi, pyrocrafting is a great hobby just like drawing or painting. But the individual person who creates these pieces is also very creative and naturally good. Unfortunately for me, I am not creative so cannot draw or paint. The Lichtenberg style of fractal burning gets my attention as I don’t have to be creative. It creates it’s own path.
    But what I have done many times is cheat!!.
    For house names, horse names, table tops etc is to first trace out the art on the chosen wood/plank. Rout out the desired art, letters and or numbers and then use a gas torch to burn it. Then a good sanding and sealer. Looks great but hardly creative!.
    Many tutorials on Youtube.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2019
    JoneQ likes this.
  4. JoneQ

JoneQ

Dec 26, 2019
    Thank you so much!

5. JoneQ

JoneQ

Dec 26, 2019
    Thank you! When I have more works, I will share it with your guys here. My new wood burning machine, my new friend, I will create more and better works with it. New challenge for me.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

mrgrtt123, Martaine2005 and davenn like this.
  6. mrgrtt123

mrgrtt123

Jan 6, 2020
    I haven't noticed the artwork on that wood, now all I can say is that it looks amazing.

Ask a Question