Maker Pro

Would anyone be interested in a £5 ($8) heart rate sensor?

Would anyone be interested in a £5 ($8) heart rate sensor?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonball2134

Sep 27, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a prototype of a light based heart rate sensor board that works on many types of skin colour, and can detect heart rate almost anywhere on your body. I am considering buying the parts in bulk so i can get the price really low, so if enough people are interested i can probably get them for £5/$8. Would anyone be interested in buying one if i go ahead?

The board will be very tiny, possibly as small as 10mm (1cm/0.39inches) by 10mm.

James

Cannonball2134

Sep 27, 2015
Do you have a link? This is likely to be a low end heart rate sensors that only works on finger tips or ears lobs (and probably performs pretty badly with cold hands). Whereas i am looking into an adaptable heart rate sensor board that works on many types of skin colour, and can detect heart rate almost anywhere on your body. Would that be interesting? Or not worth while?

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
It's a heart-rate watch, $5.00 post free to anywhere in the world.You cannot buy a wrist-band for $5.00 !!

Cannonball2134

Sep 27, 2015
It's a heart-rate watch, $5.00 post free to anywhere in the world.You cannot buy a wrist-band for $5.00 !!
Thanks for pointing that out. That is pretty cheap for a watch with a heart rate sensor, but as i said, it is only suitable for the finger tips and is not automatic, i.e. you have to put you finger on it when ever you want a reading, which is fine for a little while, but some people like to automate things so they don't have to worry about them.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
but as i said, it is only suitable for the finger tips and is not automatic, i.e. you have to put you finger on it when ever you want a reading, which is fine for a little while, but some people like to automate things so they don't have to worry about them.

what part of it being a watch strap arrangement did you not understand ?
Its worn as a watch and gives a continuous readout automatically

Cannonball2134

Sep 27, 2015
what part of it being a watch strap arrangement did you not understand ?
Its worn as a watch and gives a continuous readout automatically
As sadly no link has been provided i can only go by what i found on google. I have only seen heart rate watches with the sensor on the sides or top that do not read automatically. Please provide more information so that i can confirm your point.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
This Forum is for helping people with technical issues and is not ebay or Amazon. Stop wasting our time and go and sell it somewhere else. Good luck with your design.
Thanks
Adam

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
This Forum is for helping people with technical issues and is not ebay or Amazon. Stop wasting our time and go and sell it somewhere else. Good luck with your design.
Thanks
Adam

and with that we will close the thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.