Connect with us

Working on 220

Discussion in 'Electrical Engineering' started by Terry, Dec 5, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. newsey

    newsey Guest

    Everybody seems to be missing the point here all the best electrical and
    medical guys know that 'voltage' doesn't do any harm whatsoever.
    The damage is done by current. Just a few milliamps will send a heart into
    That's why RCD/GFCI are rated in amps.
    If there's no path for the current you can come into contact with whatever
    voltage you like.
    That's how birds can perch on 11kv lines without being barbecued.

    For 'personal' protection the maximum current allowed is 30mA.

  2. John Gilmer

    John Gilmer Guest

    Yeah, yeah.

    Well, you are creating a "straw man." Anyone who has even gotten a
    "shock" from static electricity knows that.

    The key is the higher the voltage (assuming a source than can supply the
    fraction of an amp without "sag") the less that has to go wrong for a fatal
    shock to occur.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day