Connect with us

Wiring keyboard print

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by shjorth, Feb 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. shjorth

shjorth

Feb 4, 2013
    Hi all.

I'm trying to make a keyboard emulator, and i have the following print - retrieved from an old keyboard:
    [​IMG]

The problem is that I am not able to solder on the black "carbon" ends you see in the picture.
    So my idea was to make an additional print looking like this:
    [​IMG]

That print, i could put on top of the keyboard print, and thereby have the posibility of soldering wires onto that.

However, im not sure if thats a good solution, so i was hoping that someone in here know a better way (or can confirm that im onto somthing ;)

Thank you, and apologies for my lack of english skills :)

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Scrape off a bit of the protective masking over the conductors leading to the carbon strips (btw.: these shouldn't be carbon at all, probably corroded copper?).
    Then you can solder wires directly to the now bare conductors without the need for an additional print.

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Or use emery paper to sand the black stuff off the fingers along the edge of the PCB.

Use antistatic precautions. Sanding can generate static electricity, which could damage the device under the black blob.

Ask a Question