Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wiring help

karaandnick

Dec 19, 2012
I am working on a circuit that will control the selections on a arcade pcb. Basically I have a 6-in-1 arcade pcb switcher (a board that holds 6 individual jamma boards), when you press a button on a wireless remote it switches to each of the boards. The wireless interface to the pcb board is very simple and has already been figured out by someone else. The main PCB has a wireless daughter board attached that connects via 6 pins, +5, and negative. Each of the 6 pins controls which of the boards is active by going high. Currently people are putting a rotary switch in place of the wireless board on the main board. I want to do something different so that the machine looks totally stock. I want to make it where you push both "start" buttons at the same time and the game switches. I currently have a cd4017 decade counter wired up as shown in the figure below. My question is how do I control the chip with the two "start" buttons? I can't wire + on one button and neg on the other or they will ground when you push each of them individually. I have been trying to figure out how to use a 555 to control the 4017 but am stuck. Also I am not married to the cd4017 so if there is a better way please let me know. I am very electronics illiterate but can read circuit diagrams. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-18 at 10.52.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-18 at 10.52.23 PM.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 124

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I am not sure what you want to do but setting enable high will inhibit the counter.
You could also intercept the reset line.

kong

Sep 26, 2010
If you're looking to advance the count by taking the clock 'high' with two start buttons,

you could simply put two push button switches in series, although you might need to debounce them. If you push them at the same time, that should work.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but that might be a start.