Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wiring a Thies Clima 4.9200.00.000

metiz

Apr 7, 2014
Hello,

I'm working on a solar panel monitoring project and this project includes gathering environmental data. For this, we want to use a Thies Clima Sensor 4.9200.00.000. Problem is, there is not a lot of documentation to work with. Supposedly, the sensor uses a rs485 interface, but the cables do not realy reflect that. There are 6 wires total: 2 twisted pairs (green-white and yellow-white) and a brown and blue wire, presumably for power? I've included a picture of the cable below. Sorry for the kinda crappy quality - it was taken with a webcam.Wire for clima sensor.jpg

Can anyone help me in determining how I can connect this cable to, well, anything? I just need a starting point so I at least know what I'm dealing with

metiz

Apr 7, 2014
Try this, page 18.
Hello Herald,

Thank you for your reply. I did find that pdf, but page 8 seems to refer to wires that aren't there like E(red) and I(grey). And although the table does mention the connections for the core rs485, it refers to white, and I have two of those wires. Maybe the previous operator didn't bother with the colour scheme and documenting. I could rewire the entire unit, but that's more of a last resort.

*edit* I went ahead and disassembled the cable to see what was going on. Completely random colouring scheme and a white cable that was simply not connected. I now have 5 cables, +-24v
gnd, txd + and - Now I'm getting somewhere.

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
:)
This was probably your best option. Sorry for the misleading manual.