Connect with us

Wireless water meter system

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by Ashok S, Mar 12, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ashok S

Ashok S

Feb 19, 2013
    Im planning to get the reading from the analog meter using image processing, and i have no idea how to convert the image taken into digits for further process..? Is there any possibilities of converting the taken image to the value read in the meter? If so please let me know ASAP it would be a great help for me. Thanks!!

2. Ashok S

Ashok S

Feb 19, 2013
    The issue is to convert the photo taken( of the reading in the analog meter) to values for further calculation..

3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Seems like a very complicated way of doing this

Why not connect a digital meter with digital outputs to the analog meter input?

4. Ashok S

Ashok S

Feb 19, 2013
    Yes true, but is it possible to do an app in smart phone and do image processing to get the meter readings? Thanks!

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Probably, but that is a software issue for you to figure out, not an electronics issue.

Have a look for applications which translate signs in real time on a smartphone. That should lead you in the right direction. here

Ask a Question