Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless Remote Question

jmorrone

Jul 19, 2011
So I have a selonoid I would like to open via Remote Toggle

Asco Solenoid Valve, 8264G009-6VDC, Brass Body, 1/8” NPT, normally closed

It will be powered by a 6 volt rechargable battery.

I have the battery on a momentary toggle currently.

what I would like it for the momentary toggle switch to be the wireless switch that would turn the selonoid on and off.

I am assuming I need a send and receive type circuitboard to do this but I dont know where to start. Can i just buy a really cheap RC car and use the guts?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
So I have a selonoid I would like to open via Remote Toggle

Asco Solenoid Valve, 8264G009-6VDC, Brass Body, 1/8” NPT, normally closed

It will be powered by a 6 volt rechargable battery.

I have the battery on a momentary toggle currently.

what I would like it for the momentary toggle switch to be the wireless switch that would turn the selonoid on and off.

I am assuming I need a send and receive type circuitboard to do this but I dont know where to start. Can i just buy a really cheap RC car and use the guts?
Youi could, but you risk it misfiring on occasion.

Bob

Kaveyd

Jul 10, 2011
Another good option would be to use "almost" wireless. IR LEDs and the recievers are pretty cheap, and rigging one of those up would be fairly straightforward.

jmorrone

Jul 19, 2011
unfortunately for this application IR would not work as it is not line of sight.

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
How about Zigbee?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZigBee

At this point, you know more about what you want than we do. Why don't you go poking around for some ZigBee stuff? Tell us if it fits your needs or not?

What is your level of expertise / experience? Are you comfortable programming? This will help us give you a better answer tailored to your skill level. What kind of price are you looking / willing to pay for your solution? Some of the ZigBee stuff can be expensive.