Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Wireless led signal system

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewismyname

Jan 28, 2017
Hi. I work for an insulation company and we currently use a very crude system to notify the person manning the machine to turn it off (which is bad for the machine).

I was wondering if anyone knowns where to find a battery powered two way light indicator (hopefully led) system? Idealy a wristwatch type button youd push which would light up an LED outside of the house.

I thought of purchasing walkie talkies though that seems a bit excessive if just for the light indicator.

Thanks in advance. Drew.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I thought of purchasing walkie talkies though that seems a bit excessive if just for the light indicator.

just use the walkie-talkies for what they are ... probably much more reliable and at least you can get an acknowledgement from the person outside :)

drewismyname

Jan 28, 2017
Unfortunately the unclosed spaces would make a walkie talkie too bulku. Must be a wristwatch or arm band type thing that doesnt get caught on things

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Unfortunately the unclosed spaces would make a walkie talkie too bulku. Must be a wristwatch or arm band type thing that doesnt get caught on things

they do make very small walkie-talkies

I used to use them in days gone by when I was a telephone installer and moving through ceilings and under floors

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
Drew, you can use a DC 12 volt 10A relay wireless RF remote control switch transmitter + receiver.
The 10 amp relay can supply power to a light.
The transmitter is the size of a key fob.

Status
Not open for further replies.