Connect with us

Wireless Keyboard Nano Receiver Not Connecting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Alterego, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Alterego

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
    I have an old (a Chinese - not a famed) brand wireless keyboard+mouse which I was quite used to and comfortable with.

Somehow recently it stopped working. The Nano receiver (probably the more common 2.4Ghz) gets detected correctly in Windows 10 and HID Drivers get installed. Onwards the mouse and keyboard are never able to connect to it, i left it for a bit while travelling and found it be non working now. Have tried changing batteries for mouse and keyboard , pressing the connect button, however they never get connected.

Can surely buy a new one, but getting this exact model maybe is impossible. Just wanna know with the expert help around here on the forum, if something can be done to cure it. I am pretty sure its the nano receiver, however i guess each unit/brand is tuned differently and a spare nano receiver in case, wont work with my KB+Mouse.

The combo set model is "TurboX DWLC-6001" (apparenlty only a greek online stories carries them, kinda rare and strange). The nano receiver part number is "g00uf"

Some pics are here for reference

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi, has the mouse and keyboard got a reset button?. If yes, hold it in for five seconds.
    My Logitech does this after replacing the batteries. It’s a tiny pinhole and I use a metal paper clip.

Martin

3. Alterego

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
    Well done that. It only has a connect button , not reset.

4. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Are the correct drivers being installed by windows?.
    Have you recently updated windows?.
    Are the batteries correctly installed?.
    Have you tried a different port on the pc?.
    Are you using a port replicator?.
    Have you got any other wireless items around?, cordless phone, printer etc?.
    Try moving them away or turn them off and try connecting the combo again.
    Some receivers have an LED that flashes when the ‘connect or reset’ button is pressed. Can you verify this?.
    Can you try the combo on another pc?.
    Sorry, just typing what I would check.

Martin

5. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Crack in the potting in photo 2 doesn't look promising.

6. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Yes just noticed that myself. I couldn’t see the crack on my phone. But now on my laptop, it’s a canyon!.

Martin

7. Alterego

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
    Replying to previous posts

So should I be worried about the crack, it could be dry weather and age of this gadget. But even with this in place, it gets detected immediately on Windows 10 and Wireless USB Hub gets detected with following devices

HID Keyboard
    Code:
    HID\VID_04D9&PID_A01C&REV_0301&MI_00
    HID\VID_04D9&PID_A01C&MI_00
    HID\VID_04D9&UP:0001_U:0006
    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD
    HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0006
    HID_DEVICE
    and

HID Mouse
    Code:
    HID\VID_17EF&PID_6060&REV_0100&Col01
    HID\VID_17EF&PID_6060&Col01
    HID\VID_17EF&UP:0001_U:0002
    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
    HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002
    HID_DEVICE
    Well seems like i have to bid adieu to a long time trusted device of mine ....aint a good feeling though.....

8. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    A crack in the potting/resin encapsulation doesn’t mean the unit is dead. It could be a surface crack.
    As you said, Windows detects it.
    What about all the other questions?

Martin

9. Alterego

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
    All other questions answered in my previous post (quoted in the original post content).

Thanks.

10. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Yes, sorry I didn’t notice.
    Well it sure looks like it’s toast having tried everything. The crack could be stress related on the board and the potting lifted or snapped a component under it. Perhaps it’s time to upgrade to a new combo.

Martin

Ask a Question