Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless electric current? Tesla was right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
What you are hearing is interference coming from local radio stations.
Now a normal audio amplifier will not pass RF from a radio station but what is happening is the first stage of your guitar amplifier is a non-linear device, probably a PN junction of a transistor. It is acting as a detector and you can faintly make out some music and voices coming from a local station or stations.

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
No, you deleted my post.

I wasn't talking about radio waves in this post.

I was talking about wireless electric current.

No way I could build a radio receiver with my current lack of skills that could make music audible.

I didn't use radio waves. I used unmodulated "wireless electric current".

If you listened to the video, you would hear that this is music that is definitely not played on AM (metal). It is music from my laptop.

I'm confused how wireless electric current works.

Would it be more correct to say "wireless changing magnetic fields", since Tesla's attempts to transmit wireless electric current failed?

The wire with alternating current flowing through it generates a changing magnetic field perpendicular to the wire and the magnetic field is what is picked up by the guitar pickups coils and converted into electric current?

My guitar can pick up an unmodulated audio signal from an audio cable connected to music playing on my laptop using the audio cable as an antenna, and using an audio mixer to step up the current to a high enough transmission level, with the cable not even touching the pickups!

"Wireless electric current".

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
No, you deleted my post.
I wasn't talking about radio waves in this post.
I was talking about wireless electric current.

same thing!! an EM wave being radiated

No way I could build a radio receiver with my current lack of skills that could make music audible.

simple you were shown the circuit of a basic crystal radio receiver weeks ago in another thread

I didn't use radio waves. I used unmodulated "wireless electric current".

rubbish read my first reply above

If you listened to the video, you would hear that this is music that is definitely not played on AM (metal). It is music from my laptop.

I watched the video there's NO AUDIO either from you or your experiment!!

I'm confused how wireless electric current works.
Would it be more correct to say "wireless changing magnetic fields", since Tesla's attempts to transmit wireless electric current failed?

more mis-understandings
have you even read any books on radio transmission as suggested some weeks ago ??

The wire with alternating current flowing through it generates a changing magnetic field perpendicular to the wire and the magnetic field is what is picked up by the guitar pickups coils and converted into electric current?

doesnt make sense :( try again the moving guitar string is moving in a magnetic field of the pickup this generates a small current flow in the pickup coil

as I said earlier no audio and is so dark I cant really see what you are doing
try again with some audio and lots more light

My guitar can pick up an unmodulated audio signal from an audio cable connected to music playing on my laptop using the audio cable as an antenna, and using an audio mixer to step up the current to a high enough transmission level, with the cable not even touching the pickups!
"Wireless electric current".

NO ... you cant have an unmodulated audio signal .. thats a contradiction ... you have an audio signal or you have nothing

Dave

Last edited:

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
Well when I said I don't have the skills to make music audible, I meant not audible without amplifiying crystal receiver (where the guitar amp transistors act as the crystal and the guitar amp gain control pot and the guitar volume pot acts as the cat's whisker that attenuates weak signals or attenuates strong signals depending on what the position is) as several stages in Audacity using several filters in Audacity and several hard limiting stages in Audacity which is what I did in the first videos I posted and that is cheating.

So I mean I don't yet have the skills to make music audible without cheating.

When I said "unmodulated audio signal", I mean it is at audio frequency, not using AM at a frequency higher than audio frequency.

Since it is an unmodulated audio signal, no tuner is needed to receive the signal because it is already an audio signal, NOT an RF signal.

It is not an RF signal, but it is the magnetic field lines radiating from the electric current of the audio signal.

Just to let you know, the guitar strings are covered with cloth towels so no sound waves are picked up (this is important).

So if I wanted to step up the frequency from audio frequency to RF, I could use a transformer like a spark gap transmitter uses. So if I have a transformer ratio of 4 turns to 400 turns, that would step up a 1khz voice to a 100 khz carrier wave, correct?

Well this thread is about transmission, compared to my other threads are about reception, just to let you know.

I think reception is easier than transmission.

P.S.: Why did you lock my other thread? Now I might have to find a new electronic forum that is un-aware of my n00bing so they won't lock my threads and delete my posts.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
P.S.: Why did you lock my other thread? Now I might have to find a new electronic forum that is un-aware of my n00bing so they won't lock my threads and delete my posts.

There is no post deleted in this thread... But I suspect it was moved to your other thread at the same time as someone else was replying.

Your thread was locked because:

1) you fail to listen to the explanations given to you.
2) you continue to explain phenomena using theories that we have told you are false.
3) answering your questions time and time again is wasteful of our (and others') effort.
4) anything can be a crappy antenna if your wiring is shoddy enough, even a guitar.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Now I might have to find a new electronic forum that is un-aware of my n00bing so they won't lock my threads and delete my posts.

It wont take them long to find out and you will be in the same position again.

you would be much better of to stay and listen and learn from what you have been told
instead of asking /making the same questions/comments over and over again!!

You really do need to do some basic reading on electromagnetism, transformer operation and RF transmission and reception

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.