Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless doorbell melody change

Alex Crowe

Feb 11, 2015
Hello guys,

I hope this is the right place to ask... I have this wireless doorbell with a realy annoying melody http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Xf2tmYJoFl that I would like to change. Now, is it even possible to change it? Have in mind that I don't know anything about electronics. I did some research and as I've understood the trick is in the 555 chip. Here are some photos of the printed board...
Some instructions would be nice.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• DSCN1581.JPG
    DSCN1581.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN1579.JPG
    DSCN1579.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN1578.JPG
    DSCN1578.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 109

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi Alex and welcome to Electronics Point :)

I guess U3 is the 555? No, a 555 does not produce a melody, it's a simple timer IC. The melody generator could be U1 on the underside (I can't see the markings on it) but is more likely to be on the daughter board labelled U2.

The six-element DIP switch in the top left corner in the first photo is connected to this board and probably selects one of several melodies. Do you have documentation on the settings for those switches? If not, try all possible combinations (note the original settings) and see what other melodies are available.

Alex Crowe

Feb 11, 2015
Hello and thanks :)

Yes, that's exactly what i meant, U3=555. I thought that by messing up with timer I could change melody. Obviously, I was wrong.
I do not have any documentation, only the simple user manual how to put bateries etc. The switches are for pairing up the doorbell with other accessories like push button, window alarm sensor, but I'll try combining them again and i'll let you know. Thanks again ;)

Alex Crowe

Feb 11, 2015
I found the problem :)

The switches for changing melody are not on the doorbell but on the push button that is not even in the house!
Last time that I buy a french product :D