Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless Anti Theft Solution for Tablets

Amitmodi

Jun 8, 2016
Hi,

I am looking to build a wireless anti theft solution for tablets. The tablet devices are placed on a table and if they are moved 15-20 meters away from the table, an alarm should set of.

I was looking at leveraging BLE by attaching something on the tablet. (Note that tablet can be switched off so we will need to fix something on the table which can't be switched off and stays with the tablet forever).

Looking for simple ideas to work out a cost effective solution. Any help, pointers or ready made solutions. I am based out of New Delhi, India.

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
(Note that tablet can be switched off so we will need to fix something on the table which can't be switched off and stays with the tablet forever).
Yes, you are right. So you can not work with internal bluetooth, Other option would be to have BLE module outside the tablet. This would be another inexpensive way to do it.

Amitmodi

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, you are right. So you can not work with internal bluetooth, Other option would be to have BLE module outside the tablet. This would be another inexpensive way to do it.
So i can attach a BLE emitter to device and then have a separate fixed android device to be the receiver. I can fix that at the exit gates and sound an alarm if my BLE is detected by the device at the exit gates. This is one option which I think can try but not sure how reliable it will be.

I am looking for more suggestions.

Amar Dhore

Dec 2, 2015
You need 2 BLE,
1. For the tablet
2. Can be any device compatible with BLE (in your case, android).

You might need to use a Proximity profile. Whenever BLE master stop receiving signal, issue an alarm.