Maker Pro
Maker Pro

wind speed measurement using pic16f628A

SNEHAL

Nov 10, 2010
Hello,

I am planning a project on wind speed measurement using pic16f628A.I need help regarding the book which i should refer.The programmer used and all related stuff.
PLZ reply evn if u have the least of info. in this regard.
THANKYOU.

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
Why dont you start by telling us what you have figured out already/how far youve got in deciding how to go about measuring the speed of wind using a microcontroller? and we can help you from there :)

SNEHAL

Nov 10, 2010
A probe is pointed in the direction from which the wind is blowing and a screen

displays the rate at which the wind is moving between two ultrasonic sensors. The readout is shown on an alphanumeric liquid crystal disptay (l.c.d.), the readings are displayed in metres per second, feet per second, kilometres

per hour and miles per hour. The resolution is to the nearest tenth of a metre
per second, from zero up to around 50mph and possibly higher values.

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
Ok so you will need to read your senser value through one of the PIC's internal ADC. Do some maths to convert this value (generally between 0-255 for 8-bit and 0-1023 for 10 bit) to windspeed and then send this value to your LCD display.

What does your seser/probe feedback?? you may need some external circuitry to ensure this value is within the PIC's safe opperating conditions (generally between 0-5V)

Yogesh

Apr 22, 2011
hiiii snehal
im doing the same project and i'm having problrm with the code .
if u have error free code please send me the code on my email id "[email protected]"
its very urgent so please try to send me the code as early as possible ..
thanks .