Connect with us

Will this work???

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by LectricCircuit, May 2, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. LectricCircuit

LectricCircuit

Apr 7, 2017
    so I had an idea and just wanted to run it by u guys n see if it would work before I go bowing myself up lol. Trying to make a charger for a 3s 5000mah 35c-50c LiPo battery. I got the schematic and all that good stuff. It calls for a 1.2 ohm 3 watt resistor if I remember correctly. Not important if I'm wrong because it doesn't change my idea lol. So anyways I vape since I quit smoking cigs and building my own coils I use kanthal to build them and I make them usually somewhere around the 0.2 ohm range. I vape with the coils at around 200 watts so as far as the watts rating goes I know the kanthal can handle the heat. My question is could I build a coil to the resistance I need for the resistor in the circuit and use that instead of trying to find a special resistor? RadioShacks around me are all closed down. If I heard correctly the whole franchise is going out of business. I don't want to order one resistor online n have it shipped to me lol. So I'm trying to cheat and find a way around it. Would the resistance change over time or is kanthal pretty stable? Just had the idea and figured I would throw it out there n see what you guys think.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I think the answer is that you can make a resistor from a couple of nichrome wire.

A normal resistor should not get anywhere near hot enough to vaporise the liquid you use.

Ask a Question