Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Will MS Ever Get Things Right?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
When I discovered that my W7 Home Premium had "Remote Assistance" enabled I un-checked it. When I returned to the control panel to verify the change I discovered that the 3 "Remote Desktop" options on the same panel vanished! I re-enabled Remote Assistance but no go.

Like every windows issue you're never alone. A search returned endless threads of other victims with exactly the same problem.

When the hell are they going to get things right???? :mad:

Chris

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
when they figure out how to code right I assume lol

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This is a simple one step problem to fix.

1) reformat and reinstall the software.

You'll find this simple step is suggested to fix most tricky Windows problems. You either do that or live with it. There are some things that are just too hard to fix. (or made too hard to fix)

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Interestingly, most of the threads I've read about this issue seems to be related to SP1. Though SP1 was already installed when this happened to me. People have reported that uninstalling SP1 cured the problem but when they downloaded and installed another copy the same thing happened.

I have long believed that what starts out as a smooth, fast and trouble free PC degrades with each windows update, security patch SP! I swore that my next PC would remain virgin but I broke down and have installed over 100 updates!

Chris

tryppyr

Oct 22, 2013
Will they ever "get it right"? No. Because we demand too much. Everyone wants it to work on the newest tablet as well as the junky old laptop, and the next generation phone. It's a ridiculous expectation, made all the more ridiculous by the assertion it should work equally well (or poorly) on all.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
There's no "we". There's only "I". I don't need any of the stuff you mentioned except the laptop. I have no desire to run my CADs, Spice, Photo Editors, pic programmer, VB or anything I may have missed,.. on an I-pad, I-phone or any other mobile device.

Chris

tryppyr

Oct 22, 2013
Precisely my point... you only want it to work right on YOUR toy(s). To heck with everyone else. And strangely, everyone else feels exactly the same.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
And Microsoft sells it telling you it will work on your toys.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Precisely my point... you only want it to work right on YOUR toy(s). To heck with everyone else. And strangely, everyone else feels exactly the same.

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I'm talking about a computer OS nothing else. The issue that prompted this topic is not compatibility with third party software or mobile devices. Remote Desktop belongs to Microsoft. Who makes the PC is not the issue either.

......And DUH, I do want it to work for me! I didn't get this PC/OS from a government handout! I paid for it!

Chris