Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Why I don't like arduino.cc

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
I would say use the arduino forum but as of late I was banned for defending myself against a bully and after Masizmo (founder of Arduino) removed my ban I was left with an ip ban...

This is what followed from a mod...

Long story short, the mods allow members to bully and when I'd retaliate they'd leave the bullies posts behind and remove mine sometimes banning without reason or warning...

Mods who like /them/ but not /you/ so you get banned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-06-12-41-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-06-12-41-36.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 332

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Yep, cjdelphi if you spoke to me like that I'd probably ban you too. I would be somewhat surprised if your ban gets lifted.

Even worse, you're propagating it here. If I banned someone and they posted their complaints at a totally unrelated site I'd probably harden my attitude even further.

I'm not saying this because I believe you don't have a case, I'm telling you how I (as a moderator) would probably react.

If I were you, I'd delete the post above.

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
I'm giving my opinion as a user of that site...

If the moderator did his job and dealt with the bully instead of the victim (after repeated complaints) I'd never have needed to voice my complaint...

Are you saying I'm not allowed my opinion here? What you see is just the end result after months if torment...

Now then are you going to force me? Intimidate me into removing it?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Are you saying I'm not allowed my opinion here? What you see is just the end result after months if torment...

You need to chill out a little please. This is a community filled with members willing to share information that you would otherwise be required so spend money on through education or lots of experimentations.
These communities are built on respect for other people whether they are knowledgeable or not about the topics they discuss, and about the respect of the technology being used.
I've presented false information and have been called out on it immediately. I was presented with correct information backed by legitimate research from a member who has the skill I am hoping to grow into.
I could have slapped back to protect my pride but there is no point. This is the internet. No one is going to recognise cjdelphi on the street and snicker that he got banned, or Gryd3 and give him dirty looks for not knowing what he's talking about. I use that to my advantage. I can better understand what I am trying to learn and accomplish by allowing myself to be critiqued, and by allowing others to flat out ignore my posts and suggest alternative that may or may not be better.

In your case *steve* has been very kind and straightforward in his response to a post and offered a responsible, respectful response.
Your last couple of sentences in particular get my defences up and I'm not a mod for EP.
In addition to that, the last reply on the supplied screenshot kind of makes me cringe. The internet is a place to freely exchange ideas, and while the ideas and words may be yours, the servers they reside on are not.
If your interested, I can share some intel, and get your comfortable enough to host your own blog or site in which you will be free to post anything your ISP does not consider a breach of it's terms.
In the mean time, please join the community and leave the animosity behind.

I ask that you try to look at it from our point of view, or anyone else for that manner. It is very unsightly to go to a new employer and complain about the last, or to go and complain to a friend about your old friend.
It leaves a rotten taste in their mouth and puts an idea in their head that you will do the same to them.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm giving my opinion as a user of that site...

Which is off-topic in this thread

If the moderator did his job and dealt with the bully instead of the victim (after repeated complaints) I'd never have needed to voice my complaint...

I'm not the moderator there and I'm not saying that he or you were right or wrong. I'm just telling you how I would react.

Are you saying I'm not allowed my opinion here?

Only because it's off-topic in this thread.

I don't need to force or intimidate you since I can remove it by myself. And if it becomes distracting to this thread I will either move or remove it.

What you see is just the end result after months if torment...

That is as may be, but posting it on these forums is unlikely to help you, and posting it in this thread is off-topic and has essentially hijacked the thread.

I'm giving you the opportunity to clean it up for yourself (following which I will remove all the other related posts), or I will do it myself. If you want to discuss stuff like this, feel free to do it in the off-topic area.

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
As mod, that's your right... I only have an issue if you tell me I can't have an opinion.

HippyNerd

Dec 2, 2015
I had a similar problem on that site, and when I asked for help, that moderator blamed me, and changed the posts to say that was the person saying all the crazy horrible stuff. Asking for help from moderators only made things worse, so if you have a problem, whatever you do, dont ask for help.

The moderators support a lot of bad behaviour from a few people, its an unhealthy environment, but it looks like nothing will change there. Ive tried being reasonable with them, and what I got in return was moderators editing my posts, locking my threads, and locking me out of the forum.

What I learned was that you cant trust what you read on that site, because it could be edited by angry moderator that seems compelled to be abusive to victims.