Connect with us

Who sells discrete formed terminals?

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by Joel Kolstad, Sep 20, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Joel Kolstad

    Joel Kolstad Guest

    We're looking for some formed metal terminals, roughly in a (half) gullwing
    shape to solder to one PCB that will contact some bare gold-plated pads on
    another PCB when the boards are pressed together. Anyone know of a
    manufacturer for such things? I've seen companies advertising them in the
    past, but of course can't lay my hands on one of their brochures right about

    We're looking for something that can handle around an amp per contact... it's
    a pretty non-critical application.

    ---Joel Kolstad
  2. Joerg

    Joerg Guest

    Hello Joel,

    If you can't find them look at connectors, see if there is anything in,
    say, card edge receptacles you could use. Many times connector
    manufacturers are willing to sell you the innards. It's been almost 20
    years but in those days we bought bare contacts sans the plastics from 3M.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day