Connect with us

Who makes this plunger switch with an " S " on it ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ElecTedII, May 16, 2019.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ElecTedII


    Sep 20, 2012
    I have a bunch of train set electrics of witch most are Marklin and marked that way .
    I have a few of these plunger type switches .
    I thought maybe they were made by Seimens but there logo is a globe.
    It stands about 1 3/4 " tall and well made .
    That is an "S" looking stamp on the bottom . Plng1.jpg Plng.jpg
    Any ideas !?
  2. ElecTedII


    Sep 20, 2012
    WHO makes ......
  3. Harald Kapp

    Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

    Nov 17, 2011
    Plus it is Siemens, not Seimens.

    Tis pushbutton doesn't look like an original Märlin type, those seem more fragile.The construction of this pushbutton seem outdated (but sturdy). I doubt you will find an exact match today. For the purpose of controlling a modelk railroad you can use almost any pushbutton you find on the market.
  4. FuZZ1L0G1C


    Mar 25, 2014
    Looking though KrisBlueNZ's table of logos at
    I see several that have similar 'S' shapes - not to say it is a manufacturers' logo..
    may be a part number / rating (8, 8A, "S" for "Switch")? or an unlisted manufacturer.
    S-type logos seen:
    Fujitsu, Semitron, Semitronic, Semtech, Siemens, Signetics, Silicon Systems, Simtek.
    That looks like a bakelite body - looks vintage.
    As mentioned, you can use any PB, so long as current rating is => than old switch, and operation is the same (eg: N.O or N.C; P.T.M or latching).
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day