Connect with us

Who is this manufacturer? Data sheet?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Electrobrains, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Electrobrains

Electrobrains

Jan 2, 2012
    I am sure some of you guys directly know who this manufacturer is and maybe you even have a link to the data sheet (I like to know esr, max. ripple etc.)!?

In general, can anybody give a good web link, where it's possible to see a lot of electronic company signs and who is behind them?

It would save much time when looking up data for all those components in the drawer...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. hexreader

hexreader

Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  3. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    unfortunately this could be any number of distributors, using one of a few different manufacturers

generally with capacitors they will all follow similar numbers so I would look at a few different manufacturers and average them so long as they are close and you should be fine, unless you need the specifics, I know that I have used averages like that and been fine, but it could be different in your case

4. alfa88

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
  5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Three votes for Thomson-CSF.
    I'd try to get the spec sheet from them.

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    FYI Thomson-CSF no longer existing it's now part of the Thales Group...

And just a hunch, the trefoil is a pretty generic symbol, so I wouldn't gamble on it being tied to only one manufacture, especially since Thomson is essentially gone now...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. hexreader

hexreader

Apr 21, 2011
    The more I look, the more it looks like the Thomson logo.

It appears to be a stylised Eiffel Tower within a hexagon.

I agree with CocaCola that it would be hard to know what company to chase now. There have been so many mergers and splits.

8. Electrobrains

Electrobrains

Jan 2, 2012
    Thank you everybody for the good answers and links!

You are right, it's most probably a Thomson-CSF capacitor.
    The problem of finding a data sheet unfortunately stays. :(
    I cannot find anything suitable from Thomson and as Coca-Cola wrote, the company has been swallowed up by one of these huge amoeba concerns, never to be found again...

Hm, the cap doesn't even have a temperature marking. It's written H2 on the back side. Could that be a code for the temperature range? Also as you might see, there is an 'M' written at a place.

p.s. I have dropped a mail to Thales group, to test their ISO9001 quality system (and hopefully get the data sheet)!

Ask a Question