Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Whirlpool control board Ivensys L1373

brians2005

Jul 8, 2017
I've got another washing machine that runs a full quick wash...but when it should finish the spin and shut down...it seems to just keep spinning. It uses the Ivensys 475560 L1373 board. Is anyone able to tell me what part of circuit is likely to be faulty please?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir brians2005 . . . . . .

This write up is being related to only one of the units motors.

Can you initially locate R 019, with it being almost dead center of the schematic, and set up two connected test clips so that it will then be able to short them out, at a just later test..

You then power up the machine and listen to the attained motor speed and then basically short out that resistor by touching the leads for just enough time to see if you can then aurally detect a motor slow up.

That would be robbing the variable pulse width drive to the motor control SCR, thus slowing the motor, and everything downstream should probably be OK.

Then there wouold be a need to more fully check out the top left corners tach feedback circuitry.

This is all considering that this is the specific motor that you are having problems with.

Otherwise, back to the drawing board, to fill in the info on the other motors involved circuitry , as I had done this schematic plotting, only for this sole motor.

Relevant Prior Write Up:

https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/whirlpool-l1373-repair-attempt.280704/page-2

Relevant Prior Schematic:

whirlpool-domino-motor-control-jpg.30005

73’s de Edd

brians2005

Jul 8, 2017
Thanks for your help, but I'm not experienced enough to test in this manner.
I have a very low knowledge of circuitry.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I'd be inclined to think that the relay controlling the motor has got dodgy contacts and isn't 'breaking' when the cycle finishes.

Run the cycle. When you think the cycle should be slowing/stopping, use the blunt end of a screwdriver to give a sharp tap on the top of the relays sequentially. If the motor slows/stops thereafter then you need to change that particular relay.

Juan2017

Oct 14, 2017
Hi Brians2005,

Did you find out what was wrong with the Invensys 475560 L1373 board? I just experienced the same problem you described. Also when the drum is spinning at its fastest the LEDs flicker, then turn off for less than 1/2sec, turn on and the drum stops spinning a few seconds later but then the spinning cycle appears to reset and the whole things keeps happing until i push the reset button on the board.

upload_2017-10-14_15-28-43.png

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Did you find out what was wrong with the Invensys 475560 L1373 board?
Sadly the OP didn't have the courtesy to get back to us with any update - particularly to the replies given by Edd and myself.

The worst thing you could do would be to follow up on our suggestions and see where that gets you. Personally, since the unit otherwise 'works' I'd be very suspect of the relay(s) - devices that have a tendency to wear and introduce such spurious symptoms.

The relays are cheap and easy to source

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-latching-relays/0476583/

and, armed with a soldering iron, a reasonably easy potential solution to your problem.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir juan 2017 . . . . .

Referencing my #3 post circuitry just above .
Go to Q801 tach amp transistor and monitor at its TP 56 test point.
See if it is responding with a voltage variance at different rotational speeds.
Use low range AC or DC monioring . . . according to whichever gives you the best readings.
(Considering that you don't have a scope or good familiarity in its use.)

I could be that the u/p is defaulting due to error in tach output . . . or none at all, and it then just times out after a set allowed time interval .. . . . until you restart on another testing . . . . . with the same result.

73's de Edd