Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which replacement panel?

computerbuilder

Nov 21, 2010
I currently have an FBi XL2 S panel with a couple of XL 4600 SM keypads. The system has been working well until twice in the past week, all of the lights suddenly came on the keypad and I could not enter my code. All buttons were unresponsive. After a great melee, the pad suddenly became operational and I could enter my code.

I called my installer and he said I would have to replace the whole system. He said he had trouble with FBii and that he didn't use them anymore. This sounded horrible because both my home and business have the same components.

The bad part is he can't come see me until later nest week. I am very unimpressed. I have paid $20 a month for each account for ten years, recommended dozens of customers and this is the best he can do for me? I think I need a new installer.

Sooo, I thought I would ask "the gurus" ...what is the latest recommendations for a good system that I can connect to all the old sensors? Looks like the Vista21 ip is highly rated. I currently have telephone service attached to the panel, but have easily accessible broadband/digital phone nearby.

Thanks for your advice in advance.