Connect with us

Which Oscilloscope to Buy

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Henrybarber, Dec 6, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Henrybarber

Henrybarber

Dec 6, 2012
    I am trying to buy an oscilloscope for my son for Xmas. He is into audio and video and working on circuit boards. What should I buy for him?

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there Henry

welcome to the forums :)

for audio work and low frequency RF say up to ~ 3 or 4 MHz a 10MHz scope would be all you need

there's a reasonable range out there these days and at quite affordable prices
    check out the Rigol range... http://au.price-selector.com/search?k=rigol oscilloscope&cid=1-3-1-1-5

thats an australian site, you dont say which country you are from, but will probably find something similar in your region
    Looks like 10MHz scopes are a thing of the past, I see ones there starting at 40 and 50MHz bandwidth ....
    no problem to use at audio freq's and gives him room to go further without having to upgrade the scope

Dave

Ask a Question