Connect with us

Which Multimeter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by lapistola, Nov 27, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lapistola

lapistola

Nov 22, 2011
    My Fluke meter broke a few years back and it was replaced with a cheap one.

Just looking at the fluke range now and I can't seem to find one that has them handy transistor testing sockets. There is one with an LED tester which is cool. I know there is ways to test transistors and led's without these sockets but I find them handy.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
  3. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
  4. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    Hi lapistola,

I will not have a decision based on the transistor tester availability.
    it' s just a nice to have, if you can offer you a Fluke, even an entry level one go ahead you will not be disappointed. You can build a small transistor checker apart.

Olivier

5. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    I certainly would really like one of the fluke meters, there the business, but i cant at this moment justify the cost, as you say its easy enough to put together a transistor test circuit as a separate tool, its only ive got meters and an expensive purchase for a simple hobbyist like me would not make sense, but if any member wanted one i would say go for it. :)

6. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
  7. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Thanks OLIVE2222.
    For looking up that link, its as every bit as good as a documented export i expect, but a meter two much for me at the moment, financial times are tough in the uk at the minute , cost of living etc etc, And as you say christmas is coming, its got to be about and for my kids first, but i am aware of a reasanable priced unit now, thanks. :)

8. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    Sure Dave having kids it' s something very enjoyable and indeed they must have the priority !! Hope you can offer you the stuff you want in a close future, Fluke will stay in the business for a long time anyway ! :)

Olivier

9. lapistola

lapistola

Nov 22, 2011
    Yes I loved my old fluke.

Thanks all. I am going for the Fluke 117. As my cheapo one currently has the transistor testing, ill hold onto it for this reason. I may also go for the Maplins one as I do think my cheapo one is on the turn, I have had to repair the leads twice and the sounder is also broke.

Ask a Question