Connect with us

Which Mosfet as equivalent for NTE2946?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by leeuwa, Feb 12, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. leeuwa


    Feb 12, 2011
    In a schematic of a guitaramp, that I want to build, is a Mosfet NTE2946 used. The Mosfet is used as voltage regular for the 'high voltage' in the tubeamp, to reduce the sound volume without losing tone.
    This Mosfet is difficult to get in The Netherlands, so I want to use a equivalent. For example can I use BUZ81 (Siemens) instead?
    I myself have to little knowlegde of electronics to figure that out :(.

    The datasheets of the Mosfets are here:

    It would be nice i've somebody could help me with this. If I cant' use the BUZ81, which one can I use?

    Thanks in advange.

  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    Lets look at your circuit. They are quite different devices. It may not matter... But then it just might.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day