Connect with us

Which Microcontroller

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by mbaughan, Nov 1, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mbaughan

mbaughan

Nov 1, 2012
    Hi,

I am very new to electronics. Basic programming experience with the PICAXE range of microcontrollers.

What I need to do should be fairly simple - I have a RFID scanning circuit, which scans a tag and outputs the serial number as HEX by RS232.

I need a microcontroller to store that RFID number in a list, the list will continue to grow until connected to a PC and the serial numbers will be sent to a application which will read the values and reset the list on the microcontroller.

The software side of things is fine. All I need is to choose a microcontroller capable of storing about 99 10 digit long serial numbers.

I have tried this on the PICAXE system, but it does not seem to be robust enough.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks! Matt

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    The PicAxe should be able to do it... Choose a serial EEPROM and dump the data to that for storage...

3. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    For simplicity sake, there's a heap of code and tutorials for use with Arduino or buy an Atmega chip and breadboard it...

but as long as the PIC supports UART, you'll be fine.

Ask a Question