Connect with us

which differential amplifier can i use to amplify a low voltage input

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by lordmag, Nov 27, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lordmag


    Nov 27, 2011
    hi ,
    here i want to measure the current Im by using a shunt resistor with low value to have this measure i should amplify the voltage between this shunt resistor so we have a low differential input voltage
    In my application system the output voltage must be between [2v , 10v] so which amplifier can i choose to solve this problem and thank you for help :))

  2. OLIVE2222


    Oct 2, 2011
    Hi lordmag!

    TI make a large range of instrumentation amplifiers. The right model will depend of the needed gain (according to your shunt value and the to be measured current) , the offset and the supply. Here under a filtered results with single supply types:

    Many tend to be SMD devices, but super cheap SMD/trough holes adapters are available on Ebay.

    You can also have a look on Analog devices site.

    If your shunt is ground referenced a classic Op-amp can be used.

  3. lordmag


    Nov 27, 2011
    thank you olive ;

    i m still newbie in electronic :) this is my schematic in the attach file
    the problem here ; can you give me same reference amplifier that amplify me the voltage from a low voltage ( U chute ) to an out voltage ( Vs2 ) between [2v,10v] ?

    Attached Files:

  4. BobK


    Jan 5, 2010
  5. lordmag


    Nov 27, 2011
    thank you Bob !!! :))
    i will try it
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day