Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where would I hook up 2 speakers to this amp?

Andrew9

Sep 13, 2016
where would I solder/connect speakers to this amp?

Tags: Speaker, Amp, Audio, Sound, Music, Sub, Woofer.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 113

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
in pic 1, what is that ribbon cable going to at the bottom of the image ?

Andrew9

Sep 13, 2016
in pic 1, what is that ribbon cable going to at the bottom of the image ?

The ribbon cable is going to the small circuit board in the last pic, which then goes to the orange "satellite output"

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Andrew9 . . . . . . .

"Why 'soitanly " . . . . . .help is on its way . . . . as is being shown just below.
You just need to initially confirm the " POWER AMP in a chip " number and confirm that is the same as my supplied data . . . .no extra charge for the A version, its just an upgrade.

In order to ascertain the speaker outputs configurations on the far right as pins 1-2-14-15, one must see how the inputs are handled by its wiring .

Those . . . . . I have differentiated between by the YELLOW markups.
Since I don't see a bucketfull of quasi-massive 2200 ufd caps, I suspicion the PINK mark up configuration.

Finally you just trace the POWER IC pins to their ribbon cable and its break out board atop the SATELLITE connector and solder on the appropriate speakers . . .or new different types of speaker connectors in that area.
Come back and ask me, if you do not comprehend . . . . .the techno-aspect of . . . . speaker phasing.

dOXpeD2.jpg

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew9

Sep 13, 2016
Can you please clarify what I need to do in a simpler way, I'm not the best at understanding when it comes to audio devices

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Can you please clarify what I need to do in a simpler way, I'm not the best at understanding when it comes to audio devices

again, we want to know what the amplifier chip is on your board .... the BIG chip bolted to the heatsink

and a photo of the underside of the circuit board would be really helpful

Andrew9

Sep 13, 2016
again, we want to know what the amplifier chip is on your board .... the BIG chip bolted to the heatsink

and a photo of the underside of the circuit board would be really helpful

The Chip is the A version (TDA7375A)

and here is a pic of the underside

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 77

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Yes they do, so is that the only place I can hook the speakers up? and can I hook 2 speakers up to it or just one?
According to 73's de Edds diagram, it needs a 2200uf capacitor between each pin and the speaker. The other speaker wire would go to chassis ground or where pin 8 and 9 go.

There must have been another board that originally went to that white connector?

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
looks like the rear speakers (left and right) are on the first 3 pins on that ribbon cable.
From the photo of underside of board.
You could experiment by probing with a small inexpensive speaker to see if you have audio on the first two pins, or better yet.
Wait for Le Edd to answer.
He is tr'es thorough.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
According to 73's de Edds diagram, it needs a 2200uf capacitor between each pin and the speaker.

except that there are no caps on the circuit board for that setup.
that leads it to be more like the lower right diag using the bridged mode

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Screenshot_2016-09-14-00-06-22-1.png
except that there are no caps on the circuit board for that setup.
that leads it to be more like the lower right diag using the bridged mode
Probably right, but It seems odd that there's not two connectors for left and right.

It's a mystery what was originally plugged into that jack, but I'd start probing here (see picture).
I believe pin 14 and 15 land there.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Preliminary Schematic . . . . . .CLASSIFIED . . . . . INTERIM EFTO . . . .

znHFES8.jpg

The unused P5 WHITE plug is for the WOOFER speaker.

Techno update tomorrow . . . .

73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
a continuance . . . .

The initial info was clarified by your confirmation that the system was indeed using that power IC.
Until you gave me the bottom of chassis foil pattern, it was not apparent that the manufacturer had deviated from that stock/data sheet schematic on the connections that were made and used with those 4 separate amplifier sections..
But, we now see that they opted to use different input/output sections, such that inputs 4 and 5 were used for the R+L inputs to then produce a bridged power output at 1 and 2 to drive to the sub woofer of the system.
That then left R and L inputs at 11 and 12 to then get power outputs to a Right and Left speaker pair.

This system was initially available as a high end soundsystem for Dell computers with 17 watts of power to each of a Right and Left speaker and a combined R+L 34watts to a central sub woofer.

Since you only seem to have what you have shown us . . . . . . .without case housing and the speakers ?
Particularly the satellite R and L speakers .

There just might be the possibility that at " end of life" , that this unit was performing intermittently or with one or more speakers not operating at all.
Using my photo if the POWER I.C. I can now clearly see that pins 1 and 2 are very solidly soldered to their foil solder pads.
I question the other solder connections to the square pins on further down toward pin 15.
Can you now VERY-VERY-VERY closely examine those other pin connections to confirm that there are being no "floaters" pins, in those 13 other connections.
I also need to know something of the two "knobs on one panel" ,of which, there is a large one and a smaller one.
Are both of them seeming to be rotatable controls . . .~ 270 degrees . . . . and is there any "click" type of action made at full CCW position . . .as signifying additionally incorporating a switch action ?
Or possibly,a pushbutton action was used, in which case that switch action would be created by push in, it locks in -push again- it pops out type of action from the knob.
Also can you confirm that my OVAL BLUE marked capacitors are being of an ~ 2200 ufd value ?

Stopping for feedback . . . . .

73's de Edd