Connect with us

Where would I find one of these:

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by 123edsaq, Jul 23, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. 123edsaq


    Jul 20, 2011
    I had an SPST on/off switch (click once to switch on, click again to switch off) and I broke it.
    Looks like this:
    All the stores are closed today and tomorrow and I need it now!
    My mind is not working because of all the accumulated rage. Are there any common electronic items that are likely to have these types of switches (so I can disassemble and steal).
    I only have an old radio with one of those switches, but I don't think I can take that apart.

  2. TBennettcc


    Dec 4, 2010
    That style of switch is typical for the front of a computer these days, although they are only momentary switches. I don't know that I've ever seen that style of switch in anything else.
  3. 123edsaq


    Jul 20, 2011
    Damn. Now I have to wait till Monday. Yeah, I need the latching ones.

    Strange though. These types of switches seem so useful now that I think about it. But I guess it only fits into 'dumb' machines. Anything else would have an electronically triggered shutdown on a re-press instead of just physically breaking contacts.

    Thanks anyway.
  4. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    When you go looking for one, it'd help if there's at least a manufactuer logo on it, if
    not the actual part number. It looks like a pretty common type of push-button switch.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day