Connect with us

Where to start with C

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Rumple, Jan 7, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rumple

Rumple

Dec 26, 2012
    I would like to start learning C to use with my arduino. I have no prior programming language experience and I do not care how difficult it will be to learn C. I have heard it is fairly confusing for new comers. What I am wondering is what would be a good way to start? Are there any good books?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The best start is flashing a LED :)

A general C tutorial isn't going to be much use since an Arduino doesn't have a keyboard or a screen.

There are heaps of Arduino books and web sites. Go to your local book store and check out some. Then come here and ask if we have any feedback, or look on amazon and read the reviews.

I don't have any Arduino books, I get everything from the web (and no specific place either, just google for "Arduino C Tutorial" for plenty of hits.)

If you have a local hacker space you may be able to find people who can give you hands-on assistance.

Ask a Question