Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where to get this object?

papir76

May 23, 2014
Hello!

I borrowed some lighting equipment and I managed to break this little thing off that holds the bulb in the socket that it would be attached to, and now the lamp doesn't work. I went to local electronics shops and tried searching in online stores with no luck. Could anyone please tell me what specifically do I need to search for or maybe where to get it? The two things that broke at the top should be full circles. It is an ES27 bulb.

Thanks in advanceDSC_0003.JPG DSC_0005.JPG

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
It looks to me, like you broke the socket itself off the bulb. Is that correct, or was this some type of adapter that your bulb socket screwed into?
Do you have a soldering iron, and know how to use it?
The picture is of a socket that screws into the lamp fixture. It appears that the holding tabs were bent. It should be possible for you to solder or re-crimp
the tabs in the pictured socket, back onto the bulb.
If in fact you have a bulb with a socket on it, the picture would be of an adapter for the thread on the bulb socket, to screw into the adpater socket, which would then
be screwed into the fixture. If it's an adapter to make the bulb socket threads fit into the fixture threads, can you find a way to reconnect the two and re-crimp those
bent tabs over the bulb socket?
Whatever your application, is the way to go wth this job. I don't know who would make a sepcialty socket except the original manufacturer of the bulb.
Let us know what you've got, and we can probably offer a usable solution.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Can you show us pictures of the other parts? The glass bulb and the place where that cylindrical part screws into?