Connect with us

Where to Buy/Sell/Trade

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Electric-T, Jun 12, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Electric-T

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
    Hey guys,
    So im fairly new to electronics but im learning very fast. Ive started to buy broken electronics off ebay, fix them and sell them to make a couple dollars on the side. I was wondering who else on here does this and where do you do your business? Also is there a good place to buy components? (Caps,resistors,transistors,IC)

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi
    welcome to EP :)

that's cool :) just a warning, be careful on what you buy to repair. You live in the country that thrives on suing people for injury/death etc
    make sure you follow the trade rules to keep out of trouble ... ie. public liability insurance :)

I used to service VCR's, DVD players, TV's etc, it's just not worth it these days ... the cost of repair time and parts compared to buying a new unit
    unless it is a very simple fault.
    I moved into manufacturing electronics. I work from home, it saves a lot of additional costs ....
    I still have a full time day job, my manufacturing from home just provides very good pocket money :)

in the USA you have Farnell, Mouser, and a number of other trustworthy component suppliers ... some of those bigger ones can be a bit on the expensive side
    I only go to them if it is something my main supplier cannot supply
    Here in Australia I use Altronics and I buy enough from them that they gave me a wholesale account, which really drops the prices for me

I am unsure what other suppliers you have locally in the USA that you could go to for lower prices ?

Dave

3. Electric-T

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
    Honestly i have this local electronics repair place that sells me some my supplies but at a higher price. If i dont mind waiting i go through eBay or Amazon.
    What do you manufacture? Do you just sell to the public?

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    a bells and buzzer control box that goes into one of the supermarket chains

not to public .... I sell to 3 companies that install these units in various states around Australia

5. Electric-T

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
    Very cool. Thanks for the reply. Ill look into protecting myself in the future.

Ask a Question