Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where can I get the schematics for a Premier LC-C350ATX power supply?

Hi folks

I've taken out an old power supply from A Dell dimension 1550 that was smelling strange, and which I couldn't power up from my bench even after tying the green power-on signal wire to ground. It looks as if some component on it is shorting the output.

Now I'd like to have a go at repairing the thing, so does anyone know where I can get a schematic for it?

It's a Premier LC-C350ATX, but I can't even locate the company on the web

Regards,

Larry Harson

M

mickgeyver

Jan 1, 1970
Hi folks

I've taken out an old power supply from A Dell dimension 1550 that was smelling strange, and which I couldn't power up from my bench even after tying the green power-on signal wire to ground. It looks as if some component on it is shorting the output.

Now I'd like to have a go at repairing the thing, so does anyone know where I can get a schematic for it?

It's a Premier LC-C350ATX, but I can't even locate the company on the web

Regards,

Larry Harson

Larry,

Sometimes ATX supplies require a load on the +5v and sometimes the +12 too.A couple of turn signal bulbs on each should do. If its an old supply that has died gracefully I'd clean it up and find good replacement caps for the outputs rated at 105c with low ESR. You could probably get them at badcaps.com, Digikey or Mouser.

You may also find more info on the sci.electronics.repair FAQ pages maintained by Sam Goldwasser at "http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/smpsfaq.htm"

Use an isolation xfmr and be careful as there is hi-voltage in there.

Regards,
al