Connect with us

Where can I find Triax BNCs

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Fred Bartoli, Dec 1, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Fred Bartoli

    Fred Bartoli Guest

    Does someone know where I can find some triaxial BNCs and cable, small
    quantities and reasonably priced?

    The RS/Farnell/Digikey... prices are totally insane.
  2. try canford audio.(,

  3. Are you talking about a bayonet connector that looks like a
    BNC, but has two contacts in the middle? I got some from an
    eBay auction, and if you can use them, I would be happy to
    share my stash with you.
  4. Guest

    Triax cables show up on ebay all the time. Note there are two standards
    on the bayonets, 2 lug and 3 lug.
  5. Fred Bartoli

    Fred Bartoli Guest

    John Popelish a écrit :
    Thanks for the offer, but mine aren't 2 contacts. Well yes, 2, but all
    coaxial: one signal, one coaxial shield (used as guard) and the outer
    shield (BNC like) part.
    Here's a link to illustrate what I'm after:

    I think you have the twinax version with 2 parallel signal pins.

    Hmmm, up-ing from there, it seems I've found their distri and that it
    might work. We'll see.
  6. I can't remember, for sure whether mine are twinax or triax.
    I have them in another building, but will check, later
    today. If they are triaxial, I will post photos of both
    male and female parts on A.B.S.E.
  7. Guest

    LEMO sell triax connectors.

    They are good quality and don't crap out after a hundred or so
    insertions, but can be quite expensive.

    If you need a short length of triax cable and you're a real tight arse,
    pull the center conductor and insulator out of a standard coax cable,
    then thread a mini-coax cable through the middle. Only works for a
    couple of feet.

  8. joseph2k

    joseph2k Guest

    I just learned something, they now do twinax at BNC size, i thought is was
    N-size only.
  9. I have male and female triax connectors. The female is a
    right angle panel mount (threaded) with circuit board pins.
    Both are ADC communication parts.

    I'll post pictures to A.B.S.E.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day