Where can i buy this zener Diode or what is that?Please i need help

Why do I create useless polls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
Hello i am Jens Roßbroich from Germany,
i need help to identidfi this part.
A zener diode is burned in my mobile phone and i don't know where i can get it.
It is written B2 on it and it is very very tiniy ca.1mm long and under 1mm high and under 1mm on the side .
Please explain me things easy because i am 14 and not an expert for this .
Mi-two-1E-front.jpg

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
Admins please correct my posts here if t is wron .Thank you

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Unfortunately I have several zener diodes listed as marked with B2.

B2.png

JimW

Oct 22, 2010
Even if you could identify it and replace it, you need to answer the question as to why it was damaged. And what else was damaged after it failed. Since parts generally do not fail for no reason, it is reasonable to assume that there was an external cause. I will speculate that maybe too large a charging voltage was applied, possibly causing too large a current to flow through the voltage limiting zener, resulting in the zener diode to overheat and fail.

I will admit this is wild speculation, but the reason is to make the following point: once the zener diode failed, it was no longer doing its job of limiting the voltage to a level specified by the designer. Which would most likely result in multiple other parts being damaged. So replacing the zener diode may not get you back to a working mobile phone.

JimW

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
It was burned because my display was damaged because of a factory issue .The display was having problems but it was still working .An Technick expert said to me that i only need to replace it .It was a little bit water dust in the display (i don't know how can this happen )
He bought a z diode B2 but it was 3 or 4 times bigger and he can't fit it on the circuitboard . I think he failed by choosing his job .
He said a week after i gaved him the phone that only the display was broken but i (knowed?) that a part on the circuit board was brocken :) . please correct my english when it is totally wrong ,

With some greets Jens

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
sorry but it don't help me but thank you :)
Sorry it didn't solve your problem Jens. That part is going to be very difficult to identify because the markings on it are similar to many others, and no one here knows the circuit that this component is part of to even make an educated guess.

Ideally, a schematic diagram will solve the questions. Otherwise lots of time will need to be invested to trace the circuit to guess at what *might* work.

The concern is that there may have been additional reasons that this part blew. If all it was is the screen, and someone guesses the correct value then your golden... otherwise you will just damage the new diode, or worse, damage the rest of the device further.

Best of luck with your hunt, and if you can get more info let us know

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
Is it usefull to know who prduce the phone and how much volts are going through the diode ?

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
Sorry it didn't solve your problem Jens. That part is going to be very difficult to identify because the markings on it are similar to many others, and no one here knows the circuit that this component is part of to even make an educated guess.

Ideally, a schematic diagram will solve the questions. Otherwise lots of time will need to be invested to trace the circuit to guess at what *might* work.

The concern is that there may have been additional reasons that this part blew. If all it was is the screen, and someone guesses the correct value then your golden... otherwise you will just damage the new diode, or worse, damage the rest of the device further.

Best of luck with your hunt, and if you can get more info let us know
Is the size sometimes different but the same specifications of a diode?

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
without the diode does the screen backlight not working. Except for the backlight the phone works perfectly:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
If you can tell us what it is 'supposed' to do we can help.
If you measure the voltage now, it may be incorrect due to the broken part.

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
The electrocick expert have sodered the old diode out an put it in theb trash .So there is nothing .I can't measure it know because i don`t have the multi meter tool .I think my granpa have one but he is on holyday for 2 weeks . In think it is for regulating the volt wich is going to the backlight of the display .

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
I would be ver very happy when we can identifi the part because a friend of me have the same problem.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
The electrocick expert have sodered the old diode out an put it in theb trash .So there is nothing .I can't measure it know because i don`t have the multi meter tool .I think my granpa have one but he is on holyday for 2 weeks . In think it is for regulating the volt wich is going to the backlight of the display .
Measuring the broken part is not an ideal way to find out what it should be... as it will not give you a good reading.

Unfortunately, the part list above shows many different values that is 'could' be.

Does anyone in here know if it is possible to determine what will work through trial and error without further damaging the device?

You may be out of luck Jens unless someone has a trick up their sleeve to get something working. Paying someone to fix it may cost more than the phone is worth if it takes them too long to figure out what value that part should be.

Have you tried searching for other people who have the same issue? Perhaps one of them knows what it should be.

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
i haven't found anyone with the same problem .

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
i have a friend in china who sell this device (he is a german and studied technick in shezhen) he have contact to the manufactor and the support i ask him if he can buy this part.

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
Measuring the broken part is not an ideal way to find out what it should be... as it will not give you a good reading.

Unfortunately, the part list above shows many different values that is 'could' be.

Does anyone in here know if it is possible to determine what will work through trial and error without further damaging the device?

You may be out of luck Jens unless someone has a trick up their sleeve to get something working. Paying someone to fix it may cost more than the phone is worth if it takes them too long to figure out what value that part should be.

Have you tried searching for other people who have the same issue? Perhaps one of them knows what it should be.
one problem is that it is a china phoe but a known one .Xiaomi MI2 prduced in the foxxcon hall

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
sorry but it don't help me but thank you :)

Well, it should help you a little.

First determine the package the device is in and see if that narrows down the options.

However there is no 1:1 correspondence between these codes and the actual part number.

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
If this zener is used in the backlight circuit, it may be interesting to know the type of display that is used. Have you got a part number on your display?

Jens

Aug 12, 2014
If this zener is used in the backlight circuit, it may be interesting to know the type of display that is used. Have you got a part number on your display?
I know that it is an LG sharp display IPS