Connect with us

Where can I buy parts online for a "Sony TCWR635S Home Cassette Deck" ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Jim, Jul 5, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I just need the rubber drive bands (2 per deck) mine are so old they slip. Thanks.
  2. Arfa Daily

    Arfa Daily Guest

    Are they square or flat ? Wherabouts are you ? Some of the later Sony belts
    were a really odd size, and not available from anywhere - including Sony
    themselves. Only option on those was a complete replacement deck ...

  3. Which decks? I have never had any trouble finding belts to fit them.

    Tritronics has Sony parts and generic belts in the US. I'd start there.

  4. Arfa Daily

    Arfa Daily Guest

    Hi Leonard

    I used to do a lot of work for a company that did 'buyout' Sony warranty
    repairs here in the UK, and we found that on many of the later Sony HiFi
    units which contained a tape deck, no parts for the decks were available,
    the only listing shown in the service manuals, being for the whole deck as a
    sub assembly. We tried to find suitable second source replacements from all
    of the 'usual suspects' that supply replacement cassette belts, but found
    that they fell between two standard sizes, which were quite some distance
    apart, so the smaller one really was too tight, and the larger, too slack.
    Maybe the situation is better over there, but I am finding now that with
    most new stuff not containing a tape deck any more, finding replacement
    belts of all sizes from the normal trade spares suppliers, is becoming more
    and more difficult. A few weeks ago, I put in an order to the supplier where
    I have always got them from, for a large range of sizes to top up my
    supplies. This is something I do perhaps twice a year. Although all of the
    sizes were still there in the catalogue, they arrived from the supplier in
    dribs and drabs over a period of several weeks, and were in all sorts of
    'odd' packages, as though they were struggling to get them too. Several of
    the sizes never did arrive ...

  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    One's flat like a wide rubber band and the other is round like a rope.
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Sony doesn't list any parts under the Consumer area, if I was a Tech and had
    an account it might be different.

    I will check out Tritronics.

  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi all! Thanks for the replies.

    I found what I was looking for at the Now I'd like to know
    if anyone here recommends them?

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day