Connect with us

(wheatstone bridge) Pressure stimulation

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ykho21, Feb 4, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ykho21

ykho21

Feb 4, 2012
    Good day,

I'm a new member here. I am planning to make a small project which used to stimulate the pressure without the pressure gauge. This is a wheatstone bridge gauge with 1Kohm resistance each leg. Please refer to the picture.

How can I built a circuit that have a mV output? The Ex in is 5V.

Attached Files:

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    VB = Vex* (Rb/(Ra+RB) -Rx/(Rx+Rc))

So by carefully chosing the Rs, almost any output voltage from 0 to Vex can be generated. A rather simple Choice is:
    Ra = Rc
    Rb = Mean(Rx)
    with
    Mean(Rx) = the mean value of the variable resistor = (Rxmax-Rxmin)/2
    The output voltage results from the imbalance of the resistive dividers. So by more or less balancing/unbalancing the rresistor ratios you can set the voltage.

Harald

3. ykho21

ykho21

Feb 4, 2012
    Harald,

Thanks for your reply. RB=Rb? Today i just make an experiment to put in a single 1.5K variable resistor on this Rx. Since the change of resistance is high and affect the pressure reading (mV/V) output, I decided to put 1K resistor in series with 10 turn 100ohm variable resistor in Rx to make resistance change more precise. Means, Ra=1K, Rb=1K, Rc=1K and Rx=1K+100ohm 10 turn variable resistor. From this I can get the 1mV output. Is it alright to have a circuit built like this?

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes,
    that's o.k.

Harald

5. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Here's a way to make an adjustment even more precise.
    You change the values depending on the resistors you have access to and the adjustment range you want.

Attached Files:

6. ykho21

ykho21

Feb 4, 2012
    Hi,

Thanks for all for the comment and help. WIll try out both method to solve the problem.

Ask a Question