Connect with us

What's this goop?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by John Smallberries, Mar 10, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. John Smallberries

    John Smallberries

    Jul 29, 2013

    What's this white goop in these two pictures?

    Is it so they can tell if you've been messing around in there?

    Attached Files:

  2. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    Hi John, welcome :)

    The white stuff, I assume you are referring to
    its just silicon, used to hold larger components on place ... to stop them working loose with vibration
    very common practice

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day