Connect with us

What's the UK telephone connector called?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Dr. O, Nov 27, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Dr. O

    Dr. O Guest

    Does anyone know the technical name for a UK telephone connector (female)? I
    want to order one from a manufacturer.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Sprow

    Sprow Guest

    You wont be able to order one unless you know what you're after,since
    the part number changes depending on the style - even the male
    connectors are available with the locking spring on the left or right.

    For example,a straight PCB mount through hole connector is BT Type
    605A whereas the right angle one is BT Type 603A,
  3. cpemma

    cpemma Guest

    Do you mean wall, line or back-box mounting? The back-box design comes in
    master or secondary, then IDC or Screw connect. Others secondary only.

    BT code LU2/3A (IDC) or LU2/6A (Screw) are 68mm square face-plate secondary
    types "Line jack unit 2" sold everywhere for DIY extensions.
  4. cpemma

    cpemma Guest

  5. Dr. O

    Dr. O Guest

    Uh no. I need some PCB mountable UK telephone connectors, preferable SMD.
  6. Farnell and RS stock them. BT types 603A and 605A, for example. Not SMD.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day