Connect with us

What's it called!

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by Lebraspion, Feb 10, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Lebraspion


    Feb 10, 2013
    Hey there, I am trying to wire in some reverse lights on my car. Unfortunately the backup switch in the transmission is faulty so what I need is a sort of push button switch. Imagine the switch on your door jam, the one that turns on your interior lights when the door is open, basically what I need is the reverse of that. A switch that turns on when it's pressed but doesn't 'click' on. My plan is to position this switch so that the linkage under the shifter presses this button when I put it in reverse. Does anyone know what this sort of switch is called?
  2. pwdixon


    Oct 14, 2012
    A momentary switch
  3. gorgon


    Jun 6, 2011
    A microswitch should do the job.
  4. KrisBlueNZ

    KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

    Nov 28, 2011
    Normally-open momentary pushbutton or switch
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day